March 17, 2023
The term “you”, “your” or “User(s)” shall refer to any entity or person that accesses, views, uses our Application, and/or starts an account with us. The terms “we,” “our”, “us” shall refer to Vironix.
BY VISITING, SIGNING UP, USING AND ACCESSING THE APPLICATION, YOU CONSENT TO THE DATA PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THIS STATEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUT PRIVACY PRACTICES, DO NOT USE THE APPLICATION.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will collect information, including both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information, when you interact with us and the Application, for example when you:
- Access or use the Application;
- Open or respond to our e-mails;
- Contact customer service;
- Visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
“Personal Information” means information about you that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you. As a general rule, we do not collect Personal Information about you when you visit and/or use the Application, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Submitting Personal Information through the Application is voluntary. By doing so, you are giving us your permission to use the information for the stated purpose.
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- With your consent: We ask for your agreement to process your information for specific purposes and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Through the Application, we may collect information that can identify you when you voluntarily submit it to us. Your Personal Information may include:
- Your name;
- Email address;
- Your telephone number;
- Date of birth;
- Current address;
- Health Insurance Information;
- Other similar information.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable precautions, as well as physical, technical, and organizational measures in accordance with industry standards, as described herein, to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
The Application is maintained in the United States of America and all servers, which store your Personal Information, are secured and located in the United States of America. Computer safeguards, such as firewalls and data encryption may be used to protect your information. We authorize access to your information only for those employees or agents who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities and these individuals are required to treat this information as confidential.
PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
By virtue of the services we provide, we may ask you to provide Protected Health Information or Electronic Protected Health Information, (collectively the “PHI”) such as the following:
- General Medical information (descriptions, records);
- Prescription history and information;
- Description of health symptoms;
- Prior medical history and diagnosis;
- Name and contact information of physician(s);
- Document from physician or hospital confirming patient information;
- Any additional information related to patient’s medical records or patient’s health.
We will not use or further disclose any other than as permitted or required by this Agreement or as required by Law. PHI means, subject to the definition provided at 45 C.F.R. § 160.103, individually identifiable health information that we receive from a Covered Entity or a Business Associate or creates, receives, transmits or maintains on behalf of a Covered Entity for purposes of performing services. Company will use appropriate safeguards and comply with the Security Rule at Subpart C of 45 C.F.R. Part 164 (where applicable), with respect to PHI, to prevent use or disclosure of the PHI other than as provided for by this Section. We will report to you of any use or disclosure of PHI not provided for or permitted by this Section of which we become aware, or any security incident of PHI of which it becomes aware. “Covered Entity” shall have the same meaning set forth in 45 C.F.R. § 160.103.
BREACHES OF UNSECURED PHI
We will report to users of any Breach of Unsecured PHI to which your PHI might be subject to. All notifications of Breach of Unsecured PHI will be made by to the Covered Entity without unreasonable delay and in no event later than thirty (30) business days of discovery. We will use the standard at 45 C.F.R. § 164.410(a) to determine when the Breach is treated as discovered. All notifications will comply with our obligations under, and include the information specified in, 45 C.F.R. § 164.410 and include any other available information that the Covered Entity is required to include in its notification to individuals pursuant to 45 C.F.R. § 164.404(c). In the event of a Breach by Vironix, we will cooperate with the Covered Entity when the Covered Entity notifies, (i) individuals whose Unsecured PHI has been, or is reasonably believed by Vironix to have been, accessed, acquired, used or disclosed, and (ii) the media, as required pursuant to 45 C.F.R. § 164.406, if the legal requirements for media notification are triggered by the circumstances of such Breach.
We collect and temporarily store certain information about your usage of the Application. Non-Personal Information means information that alone cannot identify you, including data such as cookies, pixel tags, web beacons and device information. The information includes, without limitation:
- Device Data- We may collect information such as: the type of computer and/or mobile device you use; the unique device ID of your computer and/or mobile device; the IP address of your computer and/or mobile device; the operating system of your computer and/or mobile device; and the type of mobile internet browsers of your computer and/or mobile device.
- Usage details- when you access and use the Application, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Application, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Application.
- Location information- When you first visit or use the Application we may request permission to collect and use your device’s precise geolocation. You can opt not to permit the collection of this information, but you may not be able to use the Application provided by Vironix without access to your location. We need your location information in order to provide our Application. You can control how and whether we collect your precise geolocation information through your device’s settings. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may either change your device’s privacy settings or do not access or use the Application.
INFORMATION COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
Cookies (or mobile cookies): We may use “cookies” on our Application to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Application. Web Beacons: Pages of the Application and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Application statistics. Social Ad Platforms: We may also use Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn’s functionality of re-marketing through their tracking cookies and pixel-based retargeting services. This means that if you provided your consent to Google, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn (the “Social Ad Platforms”) to be provided with personalized commercial offers, you may be served with ads (including advertisements of third parties) based on your access to the Application, outside of the Application and across the internet. In such event, the Social Ad Platforms, will place cookies on your web browser and use such cookies to serve you ads based on past visits to our Application.
CHANGING YOUR DATA COLLECTION SETTINGS
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. You may need to adjust the settings on your computer and/or device to restrict the collection of information by the Application, but this may prevent you from accessing all of the features of the Application.
- Location Information: You can choose whether or not to allow the Application to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts or all of the Application may be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Social Ad Platforms: If you wish to opt-out of re-targeting and tracking functionality of the Social Ad Platforms, you may do so through each Platform directly. PLEASE NOTE that these tracking and targeting by Social Ad Platforms, is provided pursuant to your engagement with the Social Ad Platforms and the actual nature and scope of Personal Information collection and processing performed by such Social Ad Platforms may not be fully known to us. If you would like to learn more or make further inquiries with respect to such nature or scope, please refer to each Social Ad Platforms directly.
THIRD-PARTY AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION
When you use the Application or its contents, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks and ad servers;
- Analytics companies;
- Your mobile device manufacturer;
- Your mobile service provider; and/or
- Your Internet provider. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Application. The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information about your online activities over time and across different Applications, mobile applications and other online sites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Operate, maintain and improve the Application;
- Provide you with the Application and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages and marketing messages;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Ensure that content from our Application is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device for accessing the Application;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Terms and Conditions; and
- Notify you when there are changes to any products or services we offer or provide though the Application.
- Usage and Analytics
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Analyze advertising effectiveness; and
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about us and our business partners.
- Location: We will use location data for the following reasons:
- To provide our Application targeted to the city in which you are located;
- To display information that is relevant to your particular location;
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information you provide to us whether voluntarily or automatically, may be used and disclosed without limitations, in the following instances:
- With vendors who provide services for us (who are required to protect the Personal Information);
- To Report or collect on debts owed to us;
- To a prospective buyer or buyer of Vironix, or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer - of some or all our assets;
- As part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding;
- To comply with legal requirements for the enforcement of law, regulations, court orders, subpoena, a warrant during the course of a legal proceedings or otherwise; or
- To protect and safeguard our copyright, trademarks, legal rights, intellectual property rights or safety; or
- In response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also disclose Non-Personal Information:
- For the same reasons, we might share Personal Information;
- With our advertisers for their own analysis and research;
- To facilitate targeted content and ads; or
- With Third-Party Ad Servers to place our ads on the Application and on third-party Applications or mobile applications.
HOW TO ACCESS, UPDATE, WITHDRAW CONSENT OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION
If the law applicable to you grants you such rights, you may ask to access, correct, or delete your Personal Information that is stored in our systems or that we otherwise control. You may also ask for our confirmation as to whether or not we process your Personal Information or ask to withdraw any consent you have previously provided to Vironix in connection with our use and processing of your Personal Information. Subject to the limitations in law, you may request that we update, correct, or delete inaccurate or outdated information. You may also request that we suspend the use of any Personal Information the accuracy of which you contest while we verify the status of that data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or withdraw your consent, please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org. When handling these requests, we may ask for additional information to confirm your identity and your request. Please note, upon request to delete your Personal Information, we may retain such data in whole or in part to comply with any applicable rule or regulation and/or response or defend against legal proceedings versus us or our affiliates, or as we are otherwise permitted under such law applicable to you. While we strive to honor all reasonable requests, please be aware that we backup the data to prevent accidental or malicious destruction of your information. Information on backup servers may take some time to be completely deleted from the system. If you request that we remove you from our system and delete all your information, please note that you may still receive materials while your request is being processed.
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal data provided to us from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile services is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Application. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for any third-party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide. If you suspect that there has been a breach of the security of your data you should contact us and include details of the nature of the breach, the date of the breach, and the full circumstances of the breach.
COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS
We represent and warrant that we will comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, directives and guidelines regarding the collection, use and disclosure of data collected from or about Users or specific devices which apply to the services utilized hereunder (collectively, the “Rules”). The term “Rules” shall include, without limitation, (i) United States Federal Trade Commission Laws regarding the collection, use and disclosure of data from or about users and/or specific devices; (ii) the Children’s Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and (iii) if applicable, the Rules of any other jurisdiction, including and European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“EU GDPR”), rules, regulations and/or directives promulgated by a pertinent Data Protection Act, and all amendments and updates to them or regulations as replaced or superseded from time to time.
NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN
We do not direct our Application directly or indirectly towards children. We do not target the Application towards children, nor do we knowingly collect information about children. If we learn that the information of a child under the age of thirteen (13) is stored within its system, we will promptly delete any information in that Account. If you become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, please notify us immediately and we will terminate the account, if applicable and delete such information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org